It is a known fact the time consuming, complicated prior authorization for radiology has a lot of negative impacts not only on patient’s mental and physical conditions but also for the physicians.
According to a study done by the AMA (American Medical Association), a survey has reported of:
- 64% waiting for at least one complete business day for the prior authorization process
- 30% reported a delay of at least three business days
- 78% reported that due to a long time consuming prior authorization process lead to treatment abandonment
- And 92% reported that during the prior authorization process they experience a negative impact on patient clinical outcomes
In fact people are finding a perfect solution to solve their prior authorization complexity for years now. In fact recently supported by various prestigious organization and institution including Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), American Hospital Association (AHA) and American Medical Association (AMA), American Pharmacists Association (APA) along with provider’s organization and payers like Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) and American’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) and many others formed few statements easing the complex authorization problems; which are as follows:
- Distinguishing the prior authorization application categories by applying selective Prior authorization requirement by
- Regularly checking and eliminating unnecessary prior authorization process so that it helps in reducing the time for the patients
- Emphasis to be given on continuity of patients care treatment
- Emphasis should give more to the communication process for the smooth obstacle-free prior authorization process
- Usage of technology and advanced resources.
Though effective solutions are been suggest, you still need an operational extension that can help you with closing the authorization gaps faster and effectively with proper knowledge of the prior authorization process.
PriorAuth Online: The Ideal Prior Authorization Destination for Radiology:
Intending to provide a high quality prior authorization services, our experts take the extra initiative in reducing the time consuming administrative work that involved in the prior authorization process. Helping healthcare providers focus more on other vital areas like patient care our Prior authorization ensures:
- Gather vital information on medical procedure, patient, and provider
- Verify and validate prior auth request with effective payer side communication
- Check patient’s eligibility
- Initiate auth request based on the payer mandates
- Checking the auth status
- Collating relevant documents from the ordering physicians/follow up
- Providing additional information if any
- Update the auth income in the PM/Billing system
Be part of our 100s satisfied clientele and end all your prior authorization for radiology. For more information get in touch with our PriorAuth Online experts over a ‘no commitment call’.