A paper bags is no less suitable for packaging than polyethylene. In many ways, it is much better (due to environmental friendliness and low prices).
People have always tried to pack food, which is necessary for carrying and, of course, storage. Once upon a time, wrapped food in papyrus, dressed skins, large leaves of plants could serve as food packaging. In ancient times, boxes were made of wood and weaved baskets, but this is not a very reliable package (it is unlikely that an invasion of insects or dampness will benefit food).
Now we are used to plastic bags: they can be tied or hermetically closed with a zip lock. But plastic is not good for the environment; plastic takes a long time decomposing in the soil. In Pakistan, polyethylene, for example, is already banned.
Quality paper bags in Lahore can be a great alternative to plastic by the way, this food packaging option is almost a hundred years older than its plastic brother. The production of paper bags began in 1859 (the inventor was the Englishman William Goodale). For example, this is what an old paper machine looks like.
Benefits of paper bags for packaging
Paper bags are inferior to plastic bags, and in many respects, are superior to them. For example, people for a very long time did without polyethylene at all and felt pretty good. The first cellophane bags appeared only in the 70s. At first, they were carefully stored, washed from dirt, patched on them…
You can, of course, laugh at this: now we live in a world of disposable things. But once everything was different. But now, absolutely everything is littered with polyethylene. As we know, plastic takes a long time to decompose in the soil, and we still do not have enough resources for its processing.
Production of modern paper bags – each niche has its own technology.
The technology for the production of paper bags depends on the application scope; there are many options.
Coated paper bags are used to pack clothes and shoes, gifts, perfumes, jewelry, elite alcohol, and other fashion items. This material is done like this. Plain paper or cardboard is taken as a basis, after which it is subjected to special treatment – coating. For coating, a matte or glossy finish can be used (in the latter case, a laminate is used, which gives the package a characteristic glossy shine – it looks quite glamorous).
Can additionally reinforce the walls with cardboard. These paper bags provide great opportunities for branding your company. On the surface, you can easily apply logos, slogans, telephones, and any creative pictures (originally coated paper is white). PR people find advertising on packages quite effective.
Usually, gift bags are completed with fine rope handles, but you can find more exotic options on the market. For example, there are plastic handles.
Packages made of paper and cardboard – pros and cons, manufacturing features
Paper bags have found their application in many industrial areas. They are used for packaging agricultural products; it is convenient to pack salt, cement, powder, talc, and gravel in the paper. And souvenir paper bags are ideal for luxury cosmetics, perfumes, and even shoes. In connection with the increasing popularity of natural environmentally friendly products, the demand for paper and cardboard bags is also growing.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Paper Bags
What are the advantages of a paper bag:
- environmental friendliness:
- high load resistance:
- the invariability of form regardless of the degree of intensity of use:
- porosity, due to which the paper bag can provide air exchange:
- the material completely excludes the appearance of mold and the growth of bacteria:
- ease of disposal:
- affordable cost about containers made of other material:
- the packaging is rigid and angular:
- low lifting capacity:
- insufficient strength:
- exposed to moisture and other adverse natural factors:
Despite the listed negative aspects, the demand for paper packaging is growing almost every day.
What are paper bags made of?
The most popular manufacturing materials include Kraft paper.
What else are paper bags made of:
- Offset cardboard is a glossy coated material. The cardboard bag has good density and minimum porosity. Logos and color images look great on this surface.
- Coated offset paper is very smooth and is often used for colored packaging.
- Elfin – has the same density as craft, but its texture and colors are more diverse.
- The most expensive packages are made of designer cardboard, but this does not change their popularity. There are more than a thousand textures in designer cardboard, a rich palette of colors. All this makes it an exclusive material. If you need to make a gorgeous presentation of the product, then designer paper bags are what you need.
Methods of printing on paper bags on paper bags
Logos and images are made in a variety of ways.
The methods of application include:
- Silk-screen printing. It is used when it is necessary to apply a small pattern. It is applied to the finished product, released in a small circulation (no more than 1000 pieces). This method is not suitable for full-color prints since silk-screen printing cannot fully reproduce halftones.
- Offset printing. They are used on a product scan. Suitable for large print runs.
- Flexography. This is ink printing due to flexible forms. It can be monochrome or multi-colored. Suitable for large editions.
- Embossing. Applies only to paper sheets. The circulation is unlimited.
- Making stamps – this type of printing is one of the most expensive. This service is offered in large cities or for corporate clients.
Types of post-printing paper bags
After the material for the bag is ready and printed, it is assembled. Paper bags are collected, glued, or stitched.
The stitched products are considered the most durable. They are reusable. Taped models are simple but reliable options. Naturally, stitched packages will cost an order of magnitude more.
Recently, there is a trend worldwide – people give preference to items made from natural materials, natural fabrics, and organic products. Even though polyethylene’s sale temporarily reduced the popularity of paper packaging, today, they have become relevant again. Bright and attractive, durable and economical, and most importantly, environmentally friendly – can say all this for paper bags. Here