WiFi range extenders are the best solution for weak WiFi signal strength issues at home or office. And Linksys is one of the leading manufacturers of wireless extenders that are not only easy to set up but also equally easy to maintain. In case you are looking to perform Linksys extender setup, you are at the right place. Here, you will get to know each and every step to set up your range extender properly. Read on.
Extender Linksys Setup – Prerequisites
Linksys WiFi range extender repeats the wireless signal of any router or access point and provides internet connectivity in hard-to-reach places. In order to perform Linksys range extender setup manually, here’s a list of essentials:
- The extender must be turned on.
- Note down the existing router’s wireless settings i.e. SSID or wireless network name, wireless password or network/security key, and wireless channel.
- Restore the factory settings on your WiFi range extender.
So these were some necessary things to keep in mind before setting up a WiFi extender. Now, let’s get to know how to set up a Linksys range extender. There are two methods for Linksys range extender setup: manual and WPS. Both methods are described below in detail. You can go with any method which you find easy.
1. Linksys Extender Setup – Manual Method
Linksys extender setup without wps– Setting up Linksys extender manually? Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Bring the computer or laptop and range extender to the same room.
- Now, plug the range extender and computer into an electrical outlet.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the URL bar of a web browser.
- A login page will come into view. Enter the credentials to log in.
In this way, you can easily complete your Linksys WiFi extender setup. On the off chance that you experience any technical issue with extender.linksys.setup, don’t forget to connect with our experts.
2. Linksys WiFi Extender Setup – WPS Method
WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) is a security standard for a wireless network that is very helpful in making steady connections between the extender and wireless devices. There are two ways for setting up WiFi extender using WPS. You can either use the physical WPS button on the extender or log in to the web-based extender.linksys.setup page and choose one of three given options.
(a) Using WPS Button
Just follow the below-given instructions for Linksys range extender setup using the WPS button:
- Insert the range extender into a power/electrical outlet.
- Hold the WPS button on your extender.
- It indicates that the WiFi extender setup is successfully done or completed.
Note: If you own a dual-band Linksys extender, apply the same steps once again.
(b) Using the Web-Based WPS Button
It provides you with three options, namely: WPS button, using the WPS PIN, and using the router’s PIN.
1. WPS Button
Log in to your Linksys wireless range extender and click on the Wireless > WPS button. After that, press the WPS button on your device to get started with the WiFi Setup process. After that, click on the Enable option next to the WPS button.
2. Using the WPS PIN
On the off chance that your device includes a WPS PIN, input that number in the second field on the extender setup web-based page. That’s it!
3. Using the Router’s PIN
In case your client device demands the router’s PIN, input that number in the third field on the extender.linksys.setup page.
Once the WPS light stays continuously lit, it means the WiFi extender setup has been completed.
Linksys smart wifi setup On the off chance that you come across any issue while setting up extender, reset the extender to factory settings and try again. Or take help from our expert technicians to resolve the issues related to Linksys range extender setup in an instant. We have a strong team of experts who are on their toes to fix all your issues related to the Linksys WiFi extender setup.
Linksys Range Extender Setup in Access Point Mode
Linksys WiFi range extender can be set up in the Access Point mode. When working in the Access Point mode, the extender expands your existing WiFi network by connecting to your router and access point using a cable. This, in turn, enables your extender to have minimal performance loss or dropping connection. If you want better WiFi speeds, perform the Linksys range extender setup process in the Access Point mode.
Prerequisites for Linksys WiFi Extender Setup as Access Point
Prior to getting started with the extender Linksys setup, ensure the following:
- Your WiFi network name and password
- An Ethernet cable long enough to connect your Linksys extender to the router
As soon as you have the aforementioned things along with you, go for the following guidelines to set up your Linksys extender as an access point:
- Plug your Linksys range extender into a power socket and turn it on.
- Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into your Linksys extender while another end to the router.
- Launch an internet browser of your choice.
- Navigate to the extender Linksys setup web page.
- Once there, click on the As a wired range extender (Access Point) option.
- Hit Next.
- Click on the Next button.
- Create an admin WiFi network password for your Linksys range extender and hit Save.
- And that’s it! You are all done with the Linksys wifi extender setup instructions in the Access Point mode.
Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Linksys WiFi Extender Setup Issues
Whether you face any issue with Linksys range extender setup or configuration, these troubleshooting tips will help you out:
- First of all, check the placement of your extender. Not only during the setup process but also after setting up the WiFi extender, place it to an optimal location that is far away from electronic appliances, concrete walls, metal objects, refrigerators, and cordless phones.
- Confirm that the wall socket in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited. Try plugging in your extender to another electrical outlet.
- Keep the extender’s antennas in a straight vertical position.
- Make sure that you are using the latest web browser version for extender.linksys.setup.
- Using these troubleshooting tips, you can easily get rid of the issues with your Linksys WiFi range extender