Many Indians are accustomed to consuming non-vegetarian food on a daily basis. Non-vegetarian cuisine is actually extremely popular in Uttar Pradesh. Many local and international visitors flock to the state’s many cities to sample the delectable non-vegetarian cuisine. However, until it was brought to our notice, none of us realized how the animals were held and murdered in the slaughterhouses was unimaginable. Animal mistreatment and poor hygiene were typical occurrences. However, with the change of government, several improvements have occurred.
Suggested read- food license registration
All slaughterhouses and butcher shops that have been operating unlawfully for many years have been ordered to close their doors immediately under the new rule. To resume their firm, they would need to obtain the necessary licenses and fulfill the FSSAI’s standards (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India). Anyone discovered operating without the required rights and rules will face legal consequences. If you own or operate a meat or fish shop in India, you should get an FSSAI license.
According to the law, any establishment that collects ten animals every day is considered a meat shop. Anything else is referred to as a butcher shop. To comply with current legislation, all of these businesses must renew their licenses or obtain new permits in order to continue operating.
According to the FSSAI, all meat shops and slaughterhouses must follow the following guidelines:
- To operate a meat or slaughter shop, all shops must apply for FSSAI registration.
- They must follow all of the rules and regulations set forth by the authorities.
- They must maintain animal welfare in order to attain optimum hygiene.
- Goats, sheep, pigs, cows, poultry, and fish are the only animals that can be slaughtered. Any other animal that isn’t one of these is deemed illegal to kill.
- During the transportation of animals, proper animal care must be ensured.
- Existing retail infrastructure must be upgraded to maintain sanitary standards. As a result, all roadside meat vendors must close their doors.
Documents required to obtain a new FSSAI license for meat markets
Here are some documents that must be presented for a new FSSAI license to operate as an FBO (Food Business Operator):
The authorized signatory must fill out Form B and sign it properly.
If you’re in the manufacturing and processing company, you’ll need a blueprint/layout plan of the premises with dimensions in meters/square feet.
Complete information on the directors, owners, partners, or trust (only for businesses) is essential.
A complete list of all machinery and equipment that will be used in the production or processing of food is necessary.
Authorized signatories must produce photo IDs and evidence of address.
The property’s ownership proof (water bill/electricity bill/sale deed/rent agreement) must be provided.
Also read- fssai number check
- In the event of a partnership firm, a partnership deed or a self-declaration of proprietorship is required. An incorporation Certificate, Food Business Operation Authorization, and a list of all directors/partners/proprietors with their contact information are required.
- In the case of cooperatives, a copy of the certificate issued under the Coop Act 1861/multi-state Coop Act 2002.
- a complete food safety management strategy or a certificate
- The supply of raw materials for meat stores or meat processing units must be produced.
- Certificate of no objection from the state’s municipal corporation
- Certificate issued by Ministry of Commerce certificate
- Financial proofs determining annual turnover
- NOC issued by FSSAI
- DGFT issuance of Import/Export code
- Form IX – Declaration of persons nominated by the company in addition to board members