ReportCrux Market Research has published a Latest report titled Barrier Packaging market By Type (Bags And Pouches, Stand-Up Pouch, Tray Lidding Film, Forming Webs, Wrapping Film, And Blister Pack Base Webs), By Material (Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), Polyamide (Nylon), Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH), Transparent High Barrier Films, And Others), By Technology (Polymer Nanocomposites, Multi-Layer Film, ORMOCERS, Sustainable Barrier Coatings, Melamine-Based Barrier Coatings, And Besela Barrier Film), And By Application (Food Industry, Healthcare, Consumer Goods, And Others)and by Region: Global Industry Trends, Dynamics, Competitive Insights and Forecast Analysis, 2020 – 2027″.
Barrier Packaging Market Size
The global Barrier Packaging Market was at valued USD 8.43 Billion in 2019 and is expected to reach around USD 12.19 Billion by 2027, at a CAGR of about 4.8% between 2020 and 2027.
Request for Sample Report:
Oat Milk Market Size, Growth and Industry Trends Report, 2020-2027 https://reportcrux.com/request-sample-report/Barrier-Packaging-Market
Traditional packaging includes metal cans, glass containers, plastic bottles along with laminates like aluminium foil, laminated paper provide proper oxygen barrier. Metals, glass are impermeable containers whereas plastic based packaging materials offer varying degrees of protection based on polymer type used.
Barrier properties of the packaging material are an important requirement in selecting food and pharmaceutical packaging systems. Barrier properties include permeability of gases like O2, CO2, and N2, water vapour, aroma compounds and light.
Barrier properties are crucial for maintaining quality of packaged beverages, foods and other materials. Nano-sized & sub-micron-sized additives are used to enhance the barrier properties of packaging materials.
Barrier packaging market has seen considerable growth in last few years as a result of growing need for secure packaging and protection of product. This type of packaging increases the product visibility and helps to enhance brand perception among the consumers. Aesthetic appearance of product is also enhanced and has huge growth potential in food and pharmaceutical sector.
Barrier packaging market growth is fuelled by growing demand for packaged food and beverages, increasing need for high quality product packaging in pharmaceutical industry. Technological advancements are expected to play crucial role in market advancement in the coming future.
These factors are expected to drive the market growth in the coming future. Increasing demand from baby food sector are projected to open new growth avenues in the coming years.
The global Barrier Packaging market is segmented based on material, type, technology end user and region.
Based on material, the market is segmented into Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), Polyamide, Transparent High Barrier Films, Ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH) and Others. Polypropylene (PP) and Polyethylene (PE) segments together contributed for near about 50% revenue market share in 2019.
On the other hand, transparent high barrier films are anticipated to grow at a rapid pace, due to the growing product demand for various packaged food and beverages products.
Based on type, the market is segmented into Bags and Pouches, Stand-Up Pouch, Tray Lidding Film, Forming Webs, Wrapping Film and Blister Pack Base Webs.
The stand-up pouch segment held largest revenue share in 2019, due to various product advantages such as ease of use, easy handling of reclosable fitments, customer comfort, efficient barrier properties, etc. increasing demand from the food and beverage industry is further expected to boost growth of this segment.
Based on technology, the market is segmented into Polymer Nanocomposites, Multi-Layer Film, ORMOCERS, Sustainable Barrier Coatings, Melamine-Based Barrier Coatings and Besela Barrier Film.
Melamine-Based Barrier Coatings segment is estimated to garner fastest growth in the coming years as these are lightweight and provide ease of use and handling. Thus, are widely preferred in food and beverages industry. Polymer Nanocomposites segment accounted for largest market share in 2019.
By End User
Based on the end user, the market is segmented into Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Consumer Goods and Others. In 2019, Food & Beverage industry was the largest end user segment for barrier packaging market. Whereas Healthcare end user segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of about 5.6% over the forecast period.
Barrier Packaging Market companies:
- Amcor Ltd.
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Sigma Plastics Group
- The 3M Company (Printpack 3M)
- Daibochi Plastic & Packaging Industry Bhd.
- Mondi Plc
- LINPAC Group
At regional level, market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa. Europe was the largest regional market in 2019 in terms of revenue share followed by Asia Pacific.
Also, Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR due to growing demand form emerging healthcare industry in China, India as well as increasing demand from food and beverages industry in this region.
Are you Looking for Regional Insights / Report Customization?
Barrier Packaging Market Segmentation
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Transparent High Barrier Films
- Ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH)
- Bags and Pouches
- Stand-Up Pouch
- Tray Lidding Film
- Forming Webs
- Wrapping Film
- Blister Pack Base Webs
- polymer Nanocomposites
- Multi-Layer Film
- Sustainable Barrier Coatings
- Melamine-Based Barrier Coatings
- Besela Barrier Film.
By End User:
- Food & Beverage
- Consumer Goods
- North America
o Rest of North America
o Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
o Southeast Asia
o Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
o Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East and Africa
Table of Content:
- Research Methodology2.1. Research Methodology2.2. Models2.3. Research limitations
- Executive Summary
- Post COVID-19 Industry Dynamics
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Industry5.1. Restrictions due to COVID-195.2. Demand-side Constraints5.3. Supply-side Constraints
- Market Price & Cost Analysis6.1. Price Trend Analysis of the Market
- Industrial Chain, Sourcing Strategy and Downstream Buyers7.1. Upstream Raw Materials Sourcing7.2. Industrial Chain Analysis7.3. Downstream Buyers
- Market Dynamics and Industry Analysis8.1. Global Barrier Packaging Market: Introduction8.2. Market Drivers8.3. Market Restraint8.4. Market Opportunity8.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Trending Insights on Current Market Scenario9.1. Current Market Trends9.2. SWOT Analysis9.3. PESTEL Analysis
- Market Growth Attractiveness Analysis
- Competitive Share Analysis11.1. Company Share Analysis11.2. Strategic Developments11.3. Supplier Benchmarking
- Global Barrier Packaging Market: Material Segment Analysis
- Global Barrier Packaging Market: Type Segment Analysis
- Global Barrier Packaging Market: Technology Segment Analysis
- Global Barrier Packaging Market: End User Segment Analysis
- Global Barrier Packaging Market: Regional Analysis16.1. Regional Overview16.2. North America16.2.1. U.S.16.2.2. Canada16.2.3. Rest of North America16.3. Europe16.3.1. Germany16.3.2. U.K.16.3.3. France16.3.4. Italy16.3.5. Spain16.3.6. Russia16.3.7. Rest of Europe16.4. Asia Pacific16.4.1. China16.4.2. Japan16.4.3. India16.4.4. Australia16.4.5. Southeast Asia16.4.6. Rest of Asia Pacific16.5. Latin America16.5.1. Brazil16.5.2. Mexico16.5.3. Rest of Latin America16.6. Middle East and Africa16.6.1. Saudi Arabia16.6.2. South Africa16.6.3. UAE16.6.4. Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Company Profiles
Browse Full Report Access here:
ReportCrux is a global market intelligence aggregator and publisher of market research reports, business information reports, economic and equity reports. We cater a diverse range of industrial sectors along with niche domains and sub-domains within the industry. We offer exclusive blend of cutting-edge market insights for the critical business needs.
Name:Ms. Samantha M.
Phone:+1-888-526-5515 (US/Canada), +91 89561 57215 (India)